The Snyder family came to northeastern Ohio from Buckhannon, West Virginia in 1903. Amos Nelson Snyder (Nelsie) and his bride Rose Ann (Rosie) departed for Ohio after their wedding, and settled near Kelloggsville on Plymouth Ridge Road.
Nelsie was a sharecropper until 1909 when he was able to buy about 70 acres.
Sadly, Rosie died of an aneurysm in 1949 and Nelsie passed away in 1963. After Nelsie’s death, the property was passed to his son Doyle, the father of current owner David Snyder.
Adjoining properties were purchased whenever possible, and the farm grew to it’s current size of 250 acres.
The photo shows Nelsie and Rosie’s wedding party in 1903. Pictured center.